Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Days 4&5.....






Ah Day 4....I have to say this was probably one of the harder days. I think I was slightly fed up with the whole thing. After a less than satisfying banana mush for breakfast, I had a Cow&Gate organic potato, chicken and leek jar which I have to say was rather delicious and quite satisfying. Supplies were low, however, and I had the same thing for dinner. Breaking point came when I went to my friend's house that evening to be greeted by delicious smelling pizza, chips...and then some fairy cakes made an appearance. not good times. I comforted myself with a jar of summer fruit salad. My friends were somewhat fascinated by the diet, and while some found it utterly ridiculous, others said that in times of desperation, they just might give it a try...

The next day I started my lovely banana porridge. My weighing scales informed me that I had in fact dropped 3 pounds. Not amazing, but sufficient. My stomach as well, felt much flatter, goodtimes!! After a potato and leek lunch, I headed into work. Ah would ya stop?? I will, I will indeed. Having made it almost 5 days I decided it was time to call it quits. I was heading out for my work leaving party that night and didn't want to drink on a stomach of baby mush....it could indeed have been a disaster!!


Well at the end of my experience I would have to say that as a long term diet, I would not recommend the baby food diet. The blandness and lack of texture is bound to get to anyone, and as the long term affects on the body are not known, it would not be advisable. HOWEVER, if your looking to drop a few pounds in a hurry, holliers comin up or something like that I would definitely recommend doing the diet for 5 days or a week. Compared to other starvation diets, its really not the worse, alot of the food is tasty, it does fill you and the best part is that it is nutritious. The portions sizes are small and controlled, and with the average jar containing around 100 calories, your guaranteed weight loss. Also if your looking to turn a healthy corner, I definitely recommend that swapping your chocolate bar or crisps for a jar of baby food. The dessert jars are delish, and a perfect alternative to a less healthy snack, also the jars are very convenient to carry with you....even if you do get some confused looks!!

So at the end of my baby food journey, it's day-day from myself and freddie!!!

1 comment: