Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Babelicious.....Day 1, May 4th



Well I started my Baby food diet today, and to be honest is was more full of giggles than tears and tantrums. I decided to try out a range of different baby brands so I could compare and contrast them.

I kick started the morning with a jar of Cow&Gates creamed porridge, which I heated in the microwave. It was surprisingly delicious despite its gloopy look, I combined this with orange juice (cause babies always have juice.....) for a filling and satisfying breakie.

Breakie

I was on the go all day, so it was quite handy to pop a jar of Heinz's 'Mum's Own Recipe', Mediterranean veggies, chicken and sweet potato and a spoon in my bag. Come lunchtime I was quite hungry and went to Stephan's green. Admittedly I looked for a secluded spot in the park so people couldn't gawk at the crazy lady with baby food. Even though I had no micro, I was surprised by how good the food tasted. It was full of flavour and according to the jar contained 2 portions of babies veggies for the day as well as a source of iron. While I was enjoying the jar, the first word that would spring to mind while describing it was 'pure'. There was something my taste buds were missing...and then I realised it was all the crappy preservatives and additives that are added to adult food. All baby food contains low salt, no added preservatives, artificial flavours or colours. I began thinking that if we could feed babies the right food, why couldn't we eat better ourselves? I was completely full after my jar of food, something else I'll say for baby food, it completely fills you up.
Picnic for one
As I had to run to work I didn't have time to have dinner, so I popped into Tesco where I picked up some classic Liga. It is undeniably delicious and again, full of the complete goodness which we feed babies, but not ourselves. There is minimal writing done on the baby food diet, and many of the guidelines I have read involve replacing one or two meals a day with baby food, as opposed to all three. However, being dedicated I am going all out and going cold-adult food, I want to completely absorb myself in the infant gastronomic world.



Freddie lovin the Liga

By the end of work, I was, admittedly hungry and headachy. So when I got home I popped a Cow&Gate's 'Little Gourmet' meal of Penne napolitana in the mirco, it was again, very tasty and completely satisfying. For dessert I had Cow&gate banana and cookie crumble, again delectable.

Dinner

At the end of my first day I was full and satisfied. Have I started losing weight? Well seeing as an average jar of baby food contains less than 100 calories...I would say I definitely have. As for the baby food, I have to say babies are lucky sons-of-guns, not only is the food yummy, but they have all the choice in the world in regards to flavours AND there is practically no chewing involved.....What the hell are they crying about all the time then??

2 comments:

  1. I'm very tempted to start doing this. It sounds delicious! Freddie is adorable - Golden Retriever? They're such pretty doggies

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would definately recommend it, its really not hard to do!! and thanks yes he's a golden retriever....the best dogs!!

    ReplyDelete